The population represented by the Venn diagram is described thus:
Of 100 males (Universal set),
- 34 males have brown hair only (Difference)
- 22 males have brown eyes only (Difference)
- 18 males have both brown hair and brown eyes (Intersection)
- 26 males (100 - (34 + 22 + 18)) in total do not have either brown hair or brown eyes
- 74 males either have brown hair or brown eyes or both (Union)
Venn diagrams represent sets by closed shapes (such as circles and rectangles).
They show relationships between these sets by:
- Overlapping the shapes to show that the corresponding sets contain elements that are common to the sets (two or more)
- Enclosing all of the sets within the universal set (represented by a rectangle). This usually depicts the total number of elements in the set.
Note: Venn diagrams are also known as Logic diagrams or set diagrams.
To learn more about Venn diagrams see: https://brainacademy.pro/question/1605100?referrer=searchResults